- Help the child to identify the colors on each of the vehicles. Challenge him or her to find the same color on more than one vehicle (for example, the red stop sign on the school bus and the red fire engine, or the green stripe on the city bus and the green recycling truck).
- Talk to the child about what each of the vehicles is called (recycling truck, ice cream truck, school bus, town truck, fire engine, mail truck, city bus, ambulance, delivery truck) and how they are used.
- Help the child to count the wheels on one of the vehicles. When he or she is able to count them independently, ask him or her to count the wheels on two vehicles, then three, etc. Help the child to count other details, such as windows, rectangles, or steps on the fire ladder.
- Challenge the child to sort the vehicles based on details you give, such as those with red on them and those without, or those that have two windows, four windows, and more than four windows. Ask the child to count the number of vehicles in each group.
- Ask the child to choose two vehicles and place them on a "starting line" on a flat surface. Ask the child to identify the vehicle on the right and the vehicle on the left; ask him or her to push the right vehicle with the right hand and the left vehicle with the left hand and see which vehicle rolls farther!
- Encourage the child to tell a story using the vehicles. Ask him or her to give names to the imaginary drivers and passengers, and talk about where they are going and why.
- On a flat surface, use string, yarn, blocks, or chalk (if surface is erasable) to create streets which the vehicles can navigate!
Town Vehicle Set - 9 Pieces
Get the good times rolling all over town with these sturdy wooden vehicles! The nine-piece set includes a recycling truck, mail truck, school bus, tow truck, fire engine, ice cream truck, city bus, ambulance, and delivery truck, each approximately 10 cm long. All are brightly coloured, easy to identify, and fun for kids three and older to grasp and maneuver. Designed to play perfectly with Melissa & Doug Activity Rugs, the vehicles store conveniently or can be displayed in the compartmentalized wooden tray.Details
- Set of 9 wooden community vehicles
- Includes recycling truck, mail truck, school bus, tow truck, fire engine, ice cream truck, city bus, ambulance, delivery truck
- Vehicles store in sturdy wooden tray
- Designed to play perfectly with Melissa & Doug Activity Rugs
Age: 3+ years