Discover the basics of balance with this colourful classic rocking toy! Mix and match the 10 brightly coloured rectangular blocks in the numbered slots on the solid wood base to see if it balances. Try different combinations shown on the two illustrated activity cards, or draw in your own ideas. Kids three and older will love the weight and feel of the blocks and the gentle rocking motion of the balance. This is a toy that delights while teaching color and number recognition, matching and sorting, fine motor skills, and problem-solving skills.Details
- Wooden see-saw balance with multi-coloured pieces
- Base has rounded bottom with 10 numbered wells on top
- 10 wooden pieces in 5 different lengths (2 yellow, 2 orange, 2 red, 2 blue, 2 green) fit in the wells
- 2 double-sided activity cards
Age: 3+ years
Size: 34 x 4.5 x 13 cm
- Place a piece on one side of the balance, then see how many different combinations of pieces you can add to the other side to make it balance!
- Explore what happens when pieces move closer or farther from the center of the balance!
- Put two pieces of the same colour in the two number 5 slots on the balance. Try to stack other pieces as high as you can on top of the the pieces in the balance!