Pattern Blocks & Boards
Pattern Blocks and Boards let kids explore shapes and colours hands-on as they fill wooden backgrounds with sturdy wooden pieces! Follow one of 10 design templates or create your own mosaic using 120 colourful wooden tiles in six different shapes. Matching and mosaics - what a gorgeous way for kids to develop fine motor skills!Details
- Set of wooden shape blocks and colourful patterns to complete
- Includes 120 shapes and 5 boards
- Boards are double-sided for even more play
- A classic math manipulative and learning activity
- Great for spatial awareness, colour recognition, hand-eye coordination and problem solving
Age: 3+ years
Size: 32.5 x 3.5 x 21.5 cm
- Pattern Power: Create a linear pattern using four blocks. Have kids replicate the pattern. Increase the difficulty by adding more blocks.
- Rainbow Review: Have kids sort the pattern blocks by colour. Ask them to count the number of pieces of each colour. Review the names of each geometric shape with kids (green = triangle; yellow = hexagon; red = trapezoid; orange = square; blue = large rhombus/diamond; white = small rhombus/diamond).
- Shape Shift: Have kids combine two or more blocks to make another shape. For example: two triangles make one rhombus. Stacking the blocks on top of each other may help kids better visualize the equivalency.
- 7 Ways: Have kids find seven different ways to replicate the hexagon. 1) two trapezoids 2) six triangles 3) three rhombuses/diamonds 4) one trapezoid, one triangle and a rhombus/diamond 5) one trapezoid and three triangles 6) four triangles and one rhombus/diamond 7) two rhombuses/diamonds and two triangles.