Alphabet Blocks Wooden Truck
With this clever update of a classic toy set, wooden letter blocks are ready to roll! A cargo of 28 wooden alphabet blocks (featuring uppercase and lowercase letters) stows on the sturdy trailer of this wooden truck toy. Roll it along, unload the blocks, make a tower, build a castle, or spell your name! With pictures of familiar objects illustrating each letter sound, these make charming storytelling blocks, too. Ready for even more play value? Simply slot the ABC blocks onto the trailer's wooden dowels and imagine amazing adventures on the road! Alphabet Truck makes a great gift for preschoolers, and is beneficial for hand-eye coordination, letter-sound recognition, and imaginative play.Details
- Sort, spell, and play!
- Includes wooden tractor, wooden trailer, and 28 wooden letter blocks
- Blocks feature uppercase letters, lowercase letters, shapes, and pictures of familiar objects
- Wooden dowels on the trailer hold blocks in place; blocks are drilled through to slot on easily
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, letter-sound recognition, and imaginative play
Age: 3+ yearsDiscover Countless Ways To Play
- Have kids line up all the blocks in alphabetical order with only uppercase letters showing. Then ask them to put them in order with only lowercase letters showing.
- With the blocks in alphabetical order, have the child kids look away while you replace two letter blocks with shape blocks. Then ask them to identify which letters are gone. Have them win the letters back by saying a word that starts with each one.
- Tell kids that the truck is about to leave for a trip, and the right cargo has to be loaded quickly. Have them load a specific group (all green blocks, all blocks with animal pictures, all letters in the child's name, etc.) onto the pegs before the truck pulls out. For an extra motor-skills challenge, begin moving the truck away while kids are completing the task.
- Have kids sort the blocks by colour. Then have them choose a colour group and identify all the pictures on the blocks in that group. For an added challenge, have them make up a story using only the blocks in that group.
- Spread the blocks around the play area and have kids race to put them back on the pegs, driving the truck around and adding the blocks along the way. Add to the challenge by having them load the letters in alphabetical order.
- With all the blocks on the pegs, have kids drive the truck around the play space making deliveries according to your instructions. For instance, you could say, "Here we are at the lake--time to deliver the BOAT. Let's find the right letters: B-O-A-T." Encourage kids to take the right letters off of the truck and put them in order at the destination.