Basic Skills Puzzle Board
This wooden bear is always smiling, but he's happiest when fully dressed! Getting dressed won't be such a puzzle once zipping, buckling, snapping, lacing and tying, and other dressing skills are mastered. Each skill is contained on a separate, removable wooden puzzle piece for easy practice. Develop fine motor and life skills with this great activity.
Age: 3+ years
Size: 38 x 29 x 1 cm
- Have kids name each of the skills that will be mastered - snapping, buttoning, buckling, zipping, lacing and tying.
- Have kids name the colour(s) of each puzzle piece.
- Show kids that the puzzle pieces on the bear's arms are interchangeable. Ask them to place the pieces in a specific order from left to right. For example: Place the snap piece first, then the button, etc. Repeat the activity using the predominant colour of each piece.
- Time kids to see how quickly they are able to complete each of the skills and then undo them.
- Place four or more pieces in front of kids, asking them to study the pieces before closing their eyes while you remove one piece. Have kids identify the piece you removed.