For a period of time in the 20th century, the bald eagle was severely affected by human activities and was classified as endangered. At one point, their population in the United States dropped below 1,000 individuals. However, regulations were put in place to protect the bald eagle, and their numbers rebounded strongly. By 2007, the bald eagle was declassified as a vulnerable species and is now a species of least concern.
Indigenous to Canada, Alaska, the United States, and Mexico, the bald eagle is a predominantly sea faring bird that feeds mainly on fish. Without a doubt, they are best known as the national bird and national animal of the United States of America.
- Scientific Name: Haliaeetus leucocephalus
- Characteristics: Hand painted and meticulously crafted by experts, this beautiful figurine would fit right in soaring over the Alaskan outback in search of its next meal. However, we’re sure your nightstand or desk would be just as good!
- Size and Colour: All bald eagles share the same colouration, which includes a dark brown body, a white head, and a yellow beak and talons. 2 inches tall and 1.5 inches wide, this figurine is a bit smaller than a credit card stood upright.
- The Bald Eagle is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Size in cm: 67 L x 4 W x 5.7 H