Because the Arabian is such an ancient breed, with 4000-year-old cave paintings depicting a horse very similar to what we recognize as an Arabian today, its origins will never be known for certain. However, we know the Bedouins of Arabia domesticated horses and camels, and these hearty desert horses were eventually sold to Europeans. Because of the Arabian’s many quality characteristics, it’s been the foundation for many popular modern breeds, including the Thoroughbred, the Morgan, and the Quarter Horse. Arabians were the horse of choice for the likes of Napoleon Bonaparte and George Washington. They’ve proven strong and capable, resulting in their continued popularity today.
Arabian Horses feature several unique characteristics that make the breed easily recognizable to experienced horse lovers. It starts with large, wide-set eyes, leading to an arched neck and a short back, extending to a high tail carriage, all with elegant lines.
- Scientific Name: Equus caballus
- Characteristics: This active Arabian Mare extends her neck, showing off the curved profile that makes the breed so distinguishable.
- Size and Colour: This Arabian Mare figure is nearly all black, except for a white lower leg and hoof, another distinguishing feature of the breed. It is 5 inches long, about the length of a pen.
- The Arabian Mare is part of the Winner's Circle Horses collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Size in cm: 12 L x 4 W x 10 H